-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Allan Klinbail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: intel8x0 no midi
Date: 03 Feb 2003 13:34:04 +1100

Hi

I've recently purchased a new machine with a built in  soundcard as part
of the SiS 645DX chipset (motherboard is Gigabyte GA-8ST667).

I've had success getting audio to work using the intel8x0 modules.

However I can't seem to get the midi port to work. It is enabled in BIOS
and here are my modules options from modules.conf

# ALSA portion -SiS onboard sound card
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 mpu_port="1" ac97_clock="0"

I'm sure the problem does lie in this setup..

If anyone has midi working on an intel8x0 card of any kind please let me
know.

cheers

Allan Klinbail