Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

It would be nice that the user not need to type magic numbers into a
configuration file, unique or not. I don't know what it involves, but it
would make using the configuration file much easier.

Even nicer is if this could be embedded like the dmix was eventually so that it is unnecessary to use the .asoundrc :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman