On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 09:45, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Now, this all worked fine on the previous 2.4.19-1.ll kernel from the
> >PlanetCCRMA site **BEFORE** I updated firmware on the HDSP 9652 for new
> >Win XP driver support. After updating firmware for the card, the
> >alsaconf program I had for the 2.4.19-1.ll kernel no longer recognized
> >the card at all and cannot write anything in modules.conf.
>
> you cannot use the current ALSA driver with the new firmware.
>
> i submitted a patch to handle the new firmware, but it has not been
> put into CVS yet. meanwhile, thomas charbonnel has extended the work i
> did and added some more stuff, and so we are working on a "mega-patch"
> that fixes lots of issues with full H-DSP support.
>
> once thomas gets his tasklet problems fixed (for MIDI I/O without
> affecting PCM latency), we'll submit the patch again.
>
> --p

Paul,
   Well, I guess thanks then for saving the rest of my vacation Friday
from being a total waste of time. I took the day off to focus on getting
this Alsa stuff going. Now I find I cannot. Too bad for me I guess.

    I guess I will take my vacation day and rewire my studio to get this
Linux box out of the audio path completely. In a few hours I'll be back
to where I was last September, other than using Linux for email now, it
just doesn't seem like a positive 6 months.

   Not your fault. All mine for even trying to use this Linux stuff
seriously I suppose. Such disappointment.

Mark