On 02-Apr-2003 Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> Yes, otherwise snd_pcm_lib_malloc_pages() fails and hw_params
>> callback exits with an error.
>
> ok, then something overwrites the entry.
> how about to check runtime->dma_area at each callback?

Bug found. Alsaplayer calls hw_params two times with different
buffer setup (and same audio parameters). I wasn't aware it's
legal to do that and I didn't rebuild the sg buffer the second
time.  Now I clean up an redo everything every time.

Ok, now AP works, but xmms still hangs. It calls pcm_open callback
and dies. I'll work on it tonight...

Bye.