> Hi,
>    I'm just checking in to see what progress has been made on getting
> this patch Paul did to support RME's new firmware for the HDSP series
> into CVS. I've been literally down for 4-5 weeks now waiting for this. I
> am completely unable to run Alsa at all without this patch.
>
>    Can someone please provide an update on where all of this has
> progressed to?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I have been working on this patch for a moment. It is nearly finished
now. Unfortunately I couldn't spend much time on it this week. I'll be
back on it this evening. Expect a release quite soon. It'll be done by
the end of the week-end. Exciting features include : 96 kHz support,
midi I/O done in a tasklet, firmware loading from userspace application
(for multiface & digiface users, comes handy if the power supply of the
io box gets disconnected, avoids a reboot), plus nice fltk GUI to
control and display card settings (sample rate, preferred sync source,
spdif bits, sync state, etc...). You'll have to wait a little more for
the totalmix clone, but it's nearly finished too.

Thomas