At 23 Jun 2003 23:02:52 +1000,
Allan Klinbail wrote:

> Hi All
>
> In trying to test MMC response on various software I have discovered  my
> SiS 645 DX, doesn't seem to see MIDI.
>
> The manual for the motherboard says it should, and the modules.conf
> configuration does show that the intel8x0 midi port does exist,
> (specifically MusE recognises it as MIDI port, also teste with ardour
> for MMC response)
>
> However this device does not see any MIDI input, including MMC.
>
> Has anyone had this successfully working either with a SiS 645DX
> motherboard, or simply a soundcard with this chip? Alternatively, is
> there something wrong with my configuration? (I have checked the BIOS
> and confirmed it is using 330 as the address for the mpu port.

i'm afraid that the MIDI i/o isn't supported by intel8x0 driver for
the SIS chips.  possibly you can load snd-mpu401 driver additionally
with a proper module parameter.  it might work, or might not work.
if it doesn't work, the chip likely needs an extra initialization
(which is not documented).

i can try later on my machine at home, too, which has an onboard SIS
chip.  but IIRC it didn't work...