Hello.

Why do usual mixer applications fail with the Terratec DMX 6fire (maybe also
other envy24 cards)? I have to use gamix/envy24control in order to set the
levels. I find it convenient to set the playback level using xmms which also
relies on the mixer interface. What needs to be done in order to make the driver
interfacing with the standard mixer interface?

As a side node: if xmms finishes with a song gamix segfaults. Is this known?
What can be the reason?

TIA
Eduard.