Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> could you please try the attached patch?
> if it still doesn't solve the problem, try to increase the length of
> timeout in snd_trident_4d_dx_init(), e.g.
>
>       end_time = jiffies + HZ * 2;
>
> it will wait for 2 seconds.
> try this with and without the patch.
>
> if the same problem happens, try to commend out the line
> "return -EIO;" in the same function, so that the probing proceeds even
> if the check fails.  let's see whether the further ac97 probing
> works.
>
> if still fails...  remove the warm reset part.

Sorry for the slow reply... I tried the patch and it didn't work so I also
tried combining the above fixes with and without the patch. Still no luck :(
Would it be helpful to put debug messages on each line and pasting that, or
should I try something else?

Thanks,
David

-------
David Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Neon Goat Productions
http://www.neongoat.com
0xF90FFFE5 / F362 51F7 6D51 85EB AF68 75B9 D29B 1AFC F90F FFE5
-------