>The problem is that my application relies on a correct "delay" value, so
>that it can use it to keep sound/video in sync.

although i think that the dmix plugin should work correctly, i would
be suprised, no, lets just say pleasantly suprised, if you could get
perfect sound/video sync using it. otoh, i don't recall enough of
jaroslav's description of how it worked at ZKM to really judge that.

i suspect its a bit like trying to an audio interface with a "sloppy"
hardware pointer. jaroslav will correct me, right jaroslav?

--p