Hi,

I've sent this mail once before, but since I've received no response I send it again (only this once, I wont keep spamming...).

I've scoured the net, the alsa-user list and this mailing list for
information about how to enable AC3/DTS passthrough on the S/PDIF
connector on my new Creative Mp3+ USB box.
The only thing I've been able to find is a vague reference saying
something that spdif passthrough is not available in usb-audio. Is this
the truth? If it is the truth, will it remain so forever, or is anyone
working on it?
If it is not true, what am I doing wrong? I can get regular stereo
output on the digital out. I've got the box set to digital only, which
I've worked out is a requirement in windows. I have tried playing stuff
both with "aplay -Dspdif" (is this correct?)  and with "mplayer -ac hwac3".

Would be very grateful for any help, since the passthrough was really
the reason I bought the gadget, and I may be returning it if it's not
going to work now or any time soon...

If someone is working on support for this I would be more than willing
to help in testing it. I can not volunteer to actually develop it
myself, since I've never worked on anything thats even closely related
to this stuff. But I will gladly help anyone who's trying!

Lars