Hello,

I've been experimenting with a Nforce2 mobo during last month and the only
thing I couldn't fix is this sound problem with 5.1 surround sound.

I have read all the messages in this and other lists refering this problem
and I have tried 3 different versions of alsa drivers (0.9.8, 1.0.0rc2 and
latest cvs 1.0.1). All of this present the same problem of jumping channels.

When seeking in mplayer or using speaker_test the channels change their
positions randomly.
I know it's a known bug but I want to know if it's on the list of bugs
to fix or if it is a bigger problem like lack of documentation or something.

If there is a way I can help or something I can do to isolate this bug tell
me.

Thank you