On Jan 5, Takashi Iwai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:47:07 +0100 (CET),
> Markus Gaugusch wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > The sonypi module uses IO Address 0x1080 - 0x1084B, which is in the range
> > of the via82xx sound driver (0x1000 - 0x10ff). Is it possible to exclude
> > the address range of the sonypi module in the via82xx driver? I'm pretty
> > sure that it isn't really used by ALSA :)
>
> check lspci -v whether the via chip requires really this whole
> region.  in the via82xx driver, we reserve the area with 256 bytes,
> assuming that it's constant.  if lspci shows a different value,
> i.e. 128 bytes, the driver should reserve the region according to the
> pci resource.
Unfortunately, the region is shown with 256 bytes:
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97
Audio Controller (rev 50)
        Subsystem: Sony Corporation: Unknown device 80f6
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
        I/O ports at 1000 [size=256]
        I/O ports at 1c54 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 1c50 [size=4]