At Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:54:34 -0500,
Ash Willis wrote:

> Hi, i'm toying with the idea of coding a driver for an unsupported card (als300).
> I really fancy getting this done but i'm not the most seasoned of programmers by any
> means. i was just wondering could anyone point me in the direction of some info that
> may help me to reverse engineer the card (or the windows driver for it).
>
> don't be afraid to mention obvious stuff :p this is my first attempt at coding a
> driver.

first i would recommend you to check the similar codecs of this
company.  there are ALS100 (ISA) and ALS4000 (PCI).
also, read online documents about ALS300 from the hardware vendor,
even if it doesn't describe the technical information at all.
finally, try to contact with the vendor about datasheet.  it's far
more meaningful than reverse engineering.