Hi,

I'm cross posting this from OpenAL, since it may have some relevance to
ALSA.

As some already might know, i'm designing a ALSA - OpenAL interface for
advanced hardware feature support.

As far as i understood, they say that the would prefer to handle any
kind of resource managing and moire specifically "software fallback"
functions inside of each driver. I don't know yet much about the "plug"
extensions, but i remember someone commenting that one can pass PCM data
through LADSPA plugins with this. I was thinking that maybe such a kind
of mechanism could be used to route "software fallback" PCM channels
through appropriate software filters. Could anyone with more knowledge
comment about that ?

Best Regards