At Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:12:04 GMT,
Gustavo Guillermo wrote:

> I'm use via82xx module for ad1980 Asus A7V8X-X with option dxs_support=1
> and weird sounds gets out, master channel volume seems to be Surround,
> and VIA DXS (first one) needs to be at 75% to hear full volume, other
> positions doesn't work.

with the recent version, A7V8X-X should be autoamtically set to
dxs_support=4.  this option worked better for the board of testers at
that time.  please check the pci subsystem id whether it's 1043:80a1.

> PCM sound from whatever is a little bit weird because conversion to 48k,
> but just fine, if we use arts, we can set sampling to 48k and everything
> is perfect.

arts has (had) a different problem.  this should have been fixed.
anyway, try the latest version if you didn't try it.