At Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:12:32 +0000,
holborn wrote:

> On Lunes 19 Enero 2004 11:09, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> > > Any way to increase the gain in the Music channel of an emu10k1 device?
> >
> >     % amixer set "Music" 100%
>
> Yes ... but with PCM and Music in 100% and with MIDI volumes and velocity to
> 85% (more or less) ... recording with aplay or whatever ... the gain are -40
> Db ... (more or less).
>
> > or do you mean amplitude more?  then you'll need to change the DSP
> > code.
>
> Umhh sorry ... can you explain me a little bit?  No way changing the driver?

i meant the DSP code in the driver.  add the amplify code in the route
from MIDI bus to ADC buffer.  you can find the codes in
alsa-kernel/pci/emu10k1/emufx.c (commands are found in include/emu10k1.h)

it's possible to load the DSP code from the external app (ld10k1), but
the development seems stopping for the time being, and i'm not sure
whether the last version can work with ALSA 1.0.x.
Maybe Peter can give you more info about this.