R Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Greg KH is proposing some sysfs changes to the stock kernel - any
> impact on CVS ALSA? Is it ok to rely solely on CVS ALSA - I always
> build 2.6 from the stock tree and then immediately overwrite the
> sound directory with ALSA CVS.

Those patches do not apply cleanly to the latest ALSA version.  There
are some minor conflicts, all easily resolved.  I'm not sure whether
anything else depends on the ALSA changes, but I wouldn't think so.
I've been running ALSA 1.0.1 merged with Greg's patches for some
time, and it seems to be working well.

--
Måns Rullgård