I have tested 1.0.3 driver, lib, utils, oss. It looks like Creative SBLive! (C) 2001, 2002 and Creative SB Audigy (C) 2001 works well with snd-emu10k1 driver and alsamixer is able to get them out with 5.1 analog output quite easily (all 6 channels have sound output), even without ~/.asoundrc, that's just modprobe snd-emu10k1 and play with alsamixer and I got all the channels (use alsa-lib/test/pcm to play sine wave on all 6 channels). But SBLive! (C) 2003 is having trouble with alsamixer to get Rear Analog Audio. No matter what I do with Center/Surround/Wave Center/Wave Surround/Headphone/etc, I could not get any sound on the Rear Analog Channle.

Is there any specific things that make SBLive! (C) 2003 different from its 2001 and 2002 batch? Is it only alsamixer uses some wrong name so that it cannot access the volume control for Rear Analog Audio?

Is it possible to see what "volume gain register" is alsamixer trying to set? Could I have some kind of debug message that alsamixer can show or the driver emu10k1 can show?

Thanks.