Thanks Giuliano,

How can I get a dump of the current hardware configuration space?I have the ALSA driver 1.0.0 installed on my Redhat 9 Machine.

Brian.
Giuliano Pochini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 24-Mar-2004 Brian Furey wrote:
> Hi all,
> im using the ALSA driver 1.0.0 on two linux machines that connect a
> voice-over-ip session. I need to know the minimum fragment size that
> the alsa driver can take from the soundcard and place in the
> sending/receiving buffer. Does it depend on the speed that the
> soundcard is operating at?

It may depend on any thing. Set buffer size and period
size with one of these and use the value they return:

snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_size_near()
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near()
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near()
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near()

Look here for more infos:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/group___p_c_m___h_w___params.html

--
Giuliano.