On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Brian Furey wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I have an intel810 onboard soundcard.I am using the
> alsa driver with a VoIP session.
>   The intel8x0.c file has a minimum period byte size
> of 32 bytes with the minimum no. of periods being
> 1.The min and max rate is set to 48k.
>
> How can I find out what actual(runtime) size period
> the alsa driver is dealing with?

After the snd_pcm_hw_params() call, the given hardware parameter
container will have the chosen period size or
snd_pcm_hw_params_current() creates the current hw_params
container.

Then use snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size() or
snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_time().

Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, SuSE Labs