Caleb Crome wrote:

> Alright, I did what you suggested, and real player comes up and connects
> to the dummy sound card (I had to do a modprobe snd-pcm-oss and
> snd-mixer-oss).   However, I don't get a file called /tmp/file.raw.

You have to configure the program to use the PCM named "file" instead
of the default "default".

However, Realplayer uses the OSS emulation through /dev/dsp0.  To make
that work with your "file" device, add the following to the config
file:

  pcm.dsp0 = file

and try to run realplayer with the aoss script from the alsa-oss
package.

HTH
Clemens