At Thu, 27 May 2004 20:17:17 +0100,
James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Here is my first go at Audigy LS support.
> It can play sound to the front speakers.

great!

> /* hardware definition */
> static snd_pcm_hardware_t snd_audigyls_playback_hw = {
>       .info =                 (SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP |
>                                SNDRV_PCM_INFO_INTERLEAVED |
>                                SNDRV_PCM_INFO_BLOCK_TRANSFER |
>                                SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP_VALID),
>       .formats =              SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S16_LE,
>       .rates =                SNDRV_PCM_RATE_48000,
>       .rate_min =             48000,
>       .rate_max =             48000,
>       .channels_min =         2,
>       .channels_max =         2,
>       .buffer_bytes_max =     (32*1024),
>       .period_bytes_min =     64,
>       .period_bytes_max =     (16*1024),
>       .periods_min =          2,
>       .periods_max =          16,
                                ^^
are you sure this is ok?
in the case of emu10k1, it generates irq twice per buffer (HALF and
BUFFER).  then periods_max must be 2.

anyway, the driver code is quite similar with emu10k1x.c.
i checked the diff between them and the amount of difference is really
small.
how about merging them?  then we can understand / maintain the codes
better.