Hi Frans,
Somehow the tips you gave me are a major breakthrough! The advice you gave me to change the clock rate worked (somehow). Hope I did it right:
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-intel8x0 snd_ac97_clock=41194
=> i hear a sound!
But; I have tested in multi-user mode (init 3) and KDE (init 5), but I have to keep on moving my mouse! Maybee some of you can deduct something from this. But it has given me the idea that sound indeed is possible on my system! Stopping the mouse thows the music in a loop (like a cd that keeps hanging)

Are there more options I can set? I tried changing the above value, no big changes only more clicks in the sound, and changing the buffer settings in KDE controll center gave unexpected results like sometimes no sound, but when I hear sound, I have to keep on moving my mouse.

regards,
Robert