Hi everyone

I buy a new laptop Compaq pressario 706EA, with date of
chipment 21 Dez 2001, (big mistake), too young for linux, but i
dont give up.
so, I install REDHAT 7.2 witch have kernel 2.4.7-10,
the alsa drive that feets better is via686a
so, the first question is alsa drive 0.5.12a can works with
this kernel or the kernel is to young too?

the sound card is one AC'97 super south bridge,

I try to install with oss and give me, that i can't insert one
of the modules of free oss, because the source is busy,
after i try without oss
and when all the thing looks well give me in /var/log/mensages
that can't use 0x1000, because is busy, and some conflits with
ethernet say that resource use IRQ 11 but needs 5 that where is
card-sound.

After this i try to compile alsa-lib and in the meddle of
compilation give me one error with libtool that haven't the
correct version.

So, what I need (I think) is a newer version of alsa drive and
of alsa-lib isn't it?
and can where and how can i have a new version of alsa-drive,
should i try the cvs version isn't just for developers?

thanks
Sérgio Monteiro Basto