[eddy parris]:

>[hafi wrote]
>
>>>configure:1369: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> You are running Debian. In such a case i go to
>> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>>and use the form 'Search the contents of packages'
>>
>>This gives:
>>
>>FILE                    PACKAGE
>>usr/include/gtk/gtk.h   devel/libgtk1.2-dev
>>
>>So, what does 'dpkg -l libktk\*-dev | grep ^ii' say?
>>
>>Maybe, you have to install a missing package.

>cheers for the reply!
>yup, i already had the latest! (1.2)
>i cannot think or find of any other packages i need!!

Greetings,

Eddy, i think i've never seen such a horrible quoting like yours. I have
repaired it for you.

hafi@t900:~$ dpkg -S gtk.h | grep dev
libgtk1.2-dev: /usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk/gtk.h

Since you have installed libgtk1-2-dev, you should get the same result,
if you execute the above dpkg command. Try it.

If you compare this with
configure:1369: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
you will notice, that ./configure will not know about the location of gtk.h.

I myself have never looked into this script, so i leave it to you and
the others, how to tell .configure this location.

cu
--
hafi