Hello,

I am experiencing some problems that I cannot resolve with the VIA8233
driver.

Although I am not certain, it seems like the OSS emulation for this
driver is not working properly.  When I use zsnes, prboom or Timidity in
OSS output mode, there is much 'popping' in the sound.

However, when I use timidity -Os (alsa output mode), timidity then works flawlessly.
I haven't determined whether zsnes or prboom can be made to use native ALSA sound.

(however, to further muddy the waters, mpg123-oss works perfectly. :( )

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Ashley