Hey all, I posted this a few days ago but received no responses...

I have a via 686 chip and I'm using ALSA 0.9.0rc3 drivers. Custom 2.4.19 kernel, on a Debian 'testing' system.

Everytime something (such as an IM) produces sound I got a "pop" before the sound, then the sound, then a "pop-pop" afterwards. It's REALLY annoying... Is there a way to fix this? Here's some extra info:

MODULES LOADED
snd-seq-midi
snd-seq-oss
snd-seq-midi-event
snd-seq
snd-pcm-oss
snd-mixer-oss
snd-via686
snd-pcm
snd-timer
snd-ac97-codec
snd-mpu401-uart
snd-rawmidi
snd-seq-device
snd

kernel: Linux 2.4.19 i686
GCC: 2.95.4

I'll gladly provide more info if needed... I just figure proc type and ram, other software, and the like are a bit unapplicable here. =)

--
Phil Dibowitz [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Freeware and Technical Pages Insanity Palace of Metallica

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759