Thorsten Stoelk wrote:
> i have an YAMAHA TG100 tone generator connected to the external midi port of
> my SB128 PCI.
>
> playing midi via timidity + pmidi runs fine when i
> play the midi file via :
>
> # pmidi -p130:0 <MIDI-FILE>
>
> but as far as i understand the whole thing, the tg100 isnt accessed. how can
> i access external midi tone generators under linux?

Use "pmidi -l" to show a list of MIDI ports. The SB's port should be
number 64:0 (if the SB is card #0) and be called "External MIDI".

> my second question is, how to adjust the tempo within pmidi or timidity of a
> midi song?

Pmidi plays MIDI files with the tempo specified in the MIDI file. You
could use some other player which allows adjusting the tempo (I don't know
any), or you could change the tempo event(s) in the .mid file, or you
could add an option to pmidi (you'd have to adjust the tempo parameter in
the call to seq_midi_tempo() in the play() function in pmidi.c).

HTH
Clemens