Raimund Eimann wrote:
> can anyone help me establish a Midi connection between my CLP-170 and my Linux
> box (SuSE 8.1)?
>
> I've included some data of my machine below. They don't tell me much at this
> stage...
>
> modules.conf: (partly)
> alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-midi

The CLP-170 is supported since ALSA 0.9.0rc4, but your drivers are older
than that (in rc4, snd-usb-midi was merged into snd-usb-audio).
(see /proc/asound/version for your ALSA version)

You can get the sources for the latest version (currently 0.9.0rc8b) from
<http://www.alsa-project.org/>.

HTH
Clemens