I'm trying to configure alsa-driver-0.9.0rc8b against a patched
linux-2.4.20.

'configure --with-kernel=/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-lowlatency' fails with
'checking for kernel version... The file
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-lowlatency/include/linux/version.h does not
exist.'

--includedir doesn't help because the file doesn't exist --  I've looked
for it.  Any clues?  (I'm working from the instructions at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Creative+Labs&card=Soundblaster+Live+Value&chip=EMU10K1&module=emu10k1
 )

Thanks,
Dave.