Clemens Ladisch wrote:

>> Yes, but killing artsd doesn't solve the problem :-(
>>
>> BTW, when I try to aplay, there's no difference in a call to
>> fuser /dev/*
>>
>> And there's a difference in fuser /dev/snd/* , namely:
>> /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:    2324  2324m
>
> This is aplay, I hope.
>
> Does fuser list anything for /dev/snd/controlC0?
>
> What are contents of the /proc/asound/card/pcm0p/sub0/status when
> aplay blocks?

Ok. Without aplay:

fuser /dev/snd/controlC0 is empty.
File  /proc/asound/card/pcm0p/sub0/status does not exist.
But  /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status contains the string "closed".

With aplay:

fuser /dev/snd/controlC0 is empty.
 /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/status is:

state: RUNNING
trigger_time: 1069928075.388725000
tstamp      : 1069928085.281772000
delay       : 23997
avail       : 3
avail_max   : 3
-----
hw_ptr      : 0
appl_ptr    : 23997

Alberto Monteiro [obs: this is not part of the file :-)]