I tried very long to get working Audigy 2zs (no platinum) streaming compressed
ac3 to my amp. No success at this moment with alsa (1.0.4 with kernel 2.6.6
debian unstable). Last time I tried out new oss driver and ac3 works fine
with my amp. Alsa work better for normal audio, so at this moment I use alsa
and if I want to watch a movie with dolby digital I must unload alsa and load
oss. This is very not comfortable. My Spdif out is controlled in the
alsamixer via Front (IEC958 Output take no effect), so maybe I should change
some alsa settings. Please lets me know if someone had working ac3 passtrough
with audigi2zs (no platinium) or if some works going in this direction (to
get audigy2z ac3 passtrough working)

 cheers,
 Piotr