On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 04:39 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 04:26 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > 1st card is an ac97 compat nvidia in an nforce2, onboard
> > 2nd card is an SBLive/Audigy 24 bit, aka a snd_ca0106, just installed.
> > Modules are built and loaded.
> >
> > Alsa is amixer -v=1.0.4, kernel is 2.6.15.  Install is heavily hacked
> > FC2 with all updates that apply.
> >

> What version is alsa-lib?  You probably need to upgrade as the CA0106
> didn't exist when ALSA 1.0.4 was released, and each ALSA driver requires
> a userspace and kernel component.

Personally I recommend to avoid the CA0106 devices - it's vastly
inferior to the old EMU10K1 and EMU10K2 devices which had hardware
mixing and DSP, and only a few dollars cheaper.  The CA0106 devices are
to a "real" SBLive! what a Winmodem is to a hardware modem.

It might be easier to exchange it for an Audigy2 Value...

Lee