karlos wrote:
> I have just seen this on the Alsa-devel list concering the bug in
> snd-usb-audio:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9451726&forum_id=1752

This is just the submission for the stable kernel series.

> now I ask myself if anyone hsas experience with this patch

I wrote it.  It helps if you have a USB audio device that does not play with
kernel 2.6.15 although it played with earlier kernels.  (Not playing with
kernel 2.6.14 was a different bug.)

> and if so, how one has to apply it.

If you don't want to wait for the next ALSA release (real soon now),
save the patch to a file, go to your linux-2.6.15 source directory, and run

patch -p1 < patchfile

HTH
Clemens