On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 20:03 +0100, kunt1z wrote:
> Ok, now that Alsa works greatly here's two little problems for you
> (sorry, I don't want to abuse this mailing list...):
>
> 1) I cannot hear sound in web pages (e.g.: I open an internet location
> with FireFox, in the main page there's a sound and I cannot hear it)

Are you referring to a YTMND site by any chance? ;-)

Last time I checked Linux does not support these correctly - the sound
does not play in Firefox.

> 2) Midi doesn't work (the device I use is"Midi Through  Midi Through
> Port-0 - ALSA device", the one in "Hardware" tab in the "Sound System"
> part of KDE Control Center)

What do you expect it to do?  It won't just play .mid files OOTB like on
Windows.  Either get a soft synth like Timidity, or load the
"snd-emu10k1-synth" module then load a soundfont using "asfxload".

Lee