Clemens Ladisch wrote:

Joshua Cowles wrote:
I have most everything working now, but I am unable to play XviD-encoded
video files now.  No matter what player I use, the file starts to
open/play and then the player crashes.  This is the same thing that was
happening with ALL media files when I was trying to play them on the
original soundcard.  Now I'm just trying to play everything on the
Mobilepre, and everything works except XviD.

When other program works, then it's obviously some problem with the
player.  Is there some error message?

No, it just freezes or crashes. And like I said, it's not with a single player, it is with any player.. but only with XviD-encoded videos. Oddly, I was able to work around it in MPlayer by changing the video driver to "X11 (XImage/Shm)." I don't view that as a long term solution though, because I cannot scale the videos using that driver. All the other players still crash when playing XviDs. It just seems so bizarre, but I didn't change ANYTHING except the soundcard when this started happening, so I can't imagine what else would be different.