On Saturday 02 September 2006 20:57, Gregory Stark wrote:

> In my case I get PCM audio output (though it sounds tinny, I'm hoping
> that's a driver issue and not just crappy laptop speakers but I'm not too
> optimistic).

Tinny sound may be a resampling issue (this is from general experience, I have
not used hda_intel). Try playing sound at various sampling rates, most
notably 48k and (if you can get the driver to process any of the following)
96k and 192k. If any of them does NOT sound tinny, that's the rate that is
handled correctly.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik