Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> I'm getting some strange behaviour between LinuxSampler, JACK and the
> USB audio driver and I'm not quite sure where to look to narrow it down
> further.
>
> What *appears* to be happening is that when LinuxSampler is being output
> to JACK and JACK is using a usb audio device (with or without an
> intervening client) then there is a weird "arpeggiation" of the notes
> being played which sounds like something is messing with the events in
> the ALSA sequencer, the additional notes are the fifth and octave of the
> original note it sounds like though I haven't tried it right across the
> keyboard, ( this happens whether the MIDI input is from e.g. a USB
> keyboard or aplaymidi.) Other clients (e.g. AlsaModularSynth ) in
> exactly the same configuration play fine as well as does ardour and so
> forth. LinuxSampler outputting to JACK when using the internal
> (hda-intel) audio does not exhibit this behaviour. LinuxSampler
> outputting directly to the usb-audio doesn't do it either.

So it's _only_ the combination LinuxSampler+Jack+USB?

I don't know how LinuxSampler could change its behaviour depending on
Jacks output driver.  The only possibility is that using another driver
changes the period size, i.e., Jack's buffer size.

What is the exact configuration when you start jackd with either driver?

Regards,
Clemens