On Feb 12, 2008 3:52 AM, Matej Franceskin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for the response!
>
> In the mean time I found out that (maybe - I am not sure) in user space it
> could be done with copy plug-in.
>
> But since I'd like to omit copying of all data between kernel and user-space
> memory and then back again I will write a kernel module doing this.

Why?  You're really going to massively bloat the kernel and solve this
in a way that will NEVER be accepted upstream to save a trivial amount
of overhead?

You really want to do format conversion, mixing, and drift correction
in kernel space?  Have fun...

Lee