Hi,

I'm experiencing a wired problem when I try to update to the last stable
version of ALSA (1.0.16).

I run the standard procedure to install alsa-driver-1.0.16, alsa-lib-1.0.16,
alsa-utils-1.0.16 (without any errors, see below). Then I reboot my laptop, run
the command

$ cat /proc/asound/version

and here's what I get:

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.15rc3.

So the new version of ALSA has not being recognised...

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 with real time kernel (real time preemption patch).

The install process I used is the following

tar -xjf alsa-driver-1.0.16.tar.bz2
cd alsa-driver-1.0.16/
./configure --with-cards=hda-intel,usb-caiaq --with-sequencer=yes
make
sudo make install

cd..
tar -xjf alsa-lib-1.0.16.tar.bz2
cd alsa-lib-1.0.16/
./configure
make
sudo make install

cd ..
tar -xjf alsa-utils-1.0.16.tar.bz2
cd alsa-utils-1.0.16/
./configure
make
sudo make install

Note that the same procedure on my desktop went well and I'm using ALSA 1.0.16
on my desktop, indeed.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much,
Marco