Stevens, Peter wrote:
> For alsa-lib-1.0.17rc2 the dmix plug-in is enabled by default (for the
> default "stereo" device). Would anybody know which setting I must
> override in /etc/asound.conf file to enable dmix for the surround51
> device (among others)? I wish to be able to open any of the : stereo,
> surround40, or surround50 devices at the same time and have their
> outputs mixed automatically. I was able make this happen by creating my
> own alsa devices, but I assume there is a cleaner way to do this (via
> overriding an existing setting)?

At the moment, there is no existing dmix configuration for the surround
devices; writing your own device definitions is the only way.

Regards,
Clemens

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: ...

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail contains public information intended for any subscriber of
this mailing list and for anybody else who bothers to read it; it will
be copied, disclosed and distributed to the public.  If you think you
are not the intended recipient, please commit suicide immediately.
These terms apply also to any e-mails quoted in, referenced from, or
answering this e-mail, and supersede any disclaimers in those e-mails.
Additionally, disclaimers in those e-mails will incur legal processing
fees of $42 per line; you have agreed to this by reading this
disclaimer.
*** END OF DISCLAIMER ***