Hello all

Sorry if this turns out to be minor, but I have reached my limit of head
pounding and googling.

Should be simple, but I cannot persuade my system to record, or at
least the recording has no sound. I can hear side tones from the mic,
and they go off if I mute it, but nothing recorded with arecord.

arecord -l gives:
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: CK8S [NVidia CK8S], device 0: Intel ICH [NVidia CK8S]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: CK8S [NVidia CK8S], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC ADC [NVidia CK8S -
MIC ADC]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

alsa-info output is at http://pastebin.ca/1188423

Thanks for any advice.

I'm trying to free myself from Windows for video editing, but really
need to be able to record comments, etc. for cinelerra.

Regards

Russell