Bill Unruh ha scritto:

> Unfortunately MAudio has been not very helpful. I recall when I was
> trying
> to get my Maudio-Transit to work ( a cheap but very nice usb audio
> "card")
> I asked them to confirm that a certain file in their windows distro
> was the
> firmware for the card ( the card initialises itself by downloading some
> firmware onto the card) They wronte back and sais that this was
> proprietary
> information-- infomation which it turned out was trivial to obtain
> from the
> Windows. I am surprised that they did not tell me that the name of the
> card
> was proprietary.
>
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, V Gabriele De Palo wrote:
>
>> Maxence Laurent ha scritto:
>>
>>> Bonjour,
>>>
>>> The Fast Track Ultra is not class compliant  :-(
>>>
>>> A topic on m-audio official forum asks if somebody want m-audio develop
>>> (or help alsa-devel team to) fast-track-* drivers for linux:
>>> http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=714
>>>
>>> I suggest that everyone who want need an alsa driver for fast track
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>    Maxence

>>> challenge
>>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>>> great prizes
>>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
>>> the world
>>> 26/08/2008 7.29
>>>

>> Hello everyone! I now resigned to not being able to use
>> the m-audio fast track ULTRA usb soundcard with my "LINUX-DAWs",
>> someone can recommend another card usb I can afford
>> multitrack audio recordings of quality, which is working with Linux?
>> Sorry for my English and thanks a lot in advance!
>> Ciao
>> Gabriele

>> challenge
>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
>> great prizes
>> world

>16.59

Thank you for your reply, excuse but I did not understand:
the very fact that the card does not work in any way,
even drivers with similar concerns certainly  device's restrictions on
proprietary information,
....a sound card certainly very evolved but not  in step with the times!
I do not know if there is an alternative way to get around this
obstacle, perhaps through Windows or
if the case is to find a different hardware?
you have any address to suggest?
Grazie e ciao!
gabriele