Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> - does Linux/ALSA features dynamic sample rates?

The default device (named "default") uses automatic resampling, but the
"spdif" device does not.

> - is it possible to set the bit-depth? (in my case to 24 bit)

Yes, if the hardware supports it.

> - what other variables do i have to consider in order to get bit transparent
> ouput, i.e., no resampling at all?

Just using the "spdif" device should work.  (Nowadays, there is no
device that would want to forgo the ability to output AC-3/DTS data.)

> - is it possible to check if ouput is bit-perfect?

Record it, then compare the data to the original.  (However, there are
sound chips that always resample when recording from a digital input.)

HTH
Clemens