Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> BTW, Benchmark DAC1 resamples internally to 110kHz:
>
> "On the question of: Why does the DAC1 re-sample to 110 kHz? Here is
> why: it is the highest frequency to maintain the full oversampling of
> the D-A chip. EVERY D-to-A chip on the market cuts the oversampling rate
> in half to accommodate 192 kHz.

So these guys are running the DAC at 96 kHz + 14.6%? Sounds to me like
having an 'overclocked' system, very close to (or maybe even past) the
limits of the specs. How much headroom (clock-wise) will there be left
for e.g. temperature fluctuations or component tolerances?

The argument about 192 kHz is true, but why not run the DAC at the
'normal' 96 kHz then? I would prefer a 48 -> 96 conversion over a 48 ->
110 conversion!.
And how about interference: won't a 96 -> 110 conversion give any
interference at 14 kHz? Right in the audible band!

Matthijs