Please,

I'm developing an application that receives many independent audio
streams from networks to be played simultaneously (voice-conferencing).

There is one thread for each network connection that provides the audio
samples.
The trouble here is that since all the streams are suposed to be played
simultaneously all the mixing must be done inside my application, but
I'm not experienced in doing this kind of processing.

So my question is:

Is out there an API that could handle the mixing between the independent
streams ?
I need something that receives the input from several diferent sources
(from diferent threads) and provides all the mixing stuff.

Is it dificult to mix signals ? Can I just add the signals at regular
intervals, and the mix is done ? Or it is more complicated ?

Thank you very much,
Daniel