hi group,

Trying to rebuild my ALSA programs with static libs.

Code:

Here is what works:
$ gcc  -g -O2   -lasound -o volume volume.o
$ file volume
volume: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

but when I try with -static, I get this:
Code:

gcc  -g -O2 -static  -lasound -o volume volume.o
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
 cannot find -lasound

Any ideas??

--
William Estrada