Hi,

> If you are able to play 2 or more languages with mplayer or another player,
> I would use JACK and not ALSA for the routing, Routing with JACK is really
> easy, you can use qjackctl and the mouse.

Could you please explain a bit further? I ran qjackctl and I could only
connect capture1 or capture2 with playback1,2,...,playback8. How would one
create a device, say, “headphones” which would output data to two channels (I
assume playback1 and playback2?) and to which mplayer and other programs
could be directed? (Since the front channel of the speakers is now in the
jack of the side channel, the default setting must be to duplicate sound to
both.)

Also, sometimes qjackctl freezes really hard so it can’t be killed and a
restart is needed, whose bug is it?

By the way, I see something called channel_map in PulseAudio, could it help?

--
TIA
Roman.