Gotcha, so there may well be OSS apps (read; not drivers) out there with
which one can implement many of these feature's anyway?
I would have thought many people in trying to get hw drivers working,
would also share an interest in this side of things too, hence my line
of questioning.
Sorry if I'm upsetting anyone, just curious!  ;-)

Anyone know of some apps already about which I can use to further
augment this lovely hw driver?
Functionality I'm hoping to attain is listed in the "driver features"
section of the page below....
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2711&l1=25&l2=150&l3=0&l4=0

All the best,
Jed