Aidan Dixon wrote:
> I have a MOTU micro lite (USB, 5x MIDI IN and 5x MIDI OUT, Vendor ID
> 0x07fd, product ID 0x0001).  According to the kernel usb-audio device
> driver source code, this device should be supported as its USB vendor
> and product ID are listed in a table in linux/sound/usb/usbmidi.c.

It seems MOTU didn't quite grasp the concept of "product ID"; they use
the same ID 0x0001 for all their USB MIDI interfaces.  The driver checks
that the device is actually a FastLane before attaching; all other MOTU
models use a completely different protocol and are not supported.

> What are the issues beyond simply lack of information from MOTU?

Lack of developers who would have time to reverse engineer it and to
write a driver.

Best regards,
Clemens